Cook the Basmati Rice
- Rinse the Basmati Rice thoroughly with water & leave it soaked for 5 minutes.
- Boil 2 cups of water on high. Use standard water to rice ratio
(2: 1 water: rice)
- Strain the soaked Basmati Rice and add it to the boiling water carefully.
- Add Salt to taste and a splash of oil.
- Cook 7- 8 minutes or until the water has been absorbed.
- Cover and turn off the heat. Fluff the rice with a fork before serving.
Prep the Main
- Wash, peel and cut Potato, and Chop Cilantro.
- Wash and cut Tomato in half, setting half aside for side dish and cutting the other half in quarters.
- In a medium pot, add water to cover the Potatoes, up by 3 inches and bring to a boil. Then add the cut Vegetable, Turmeric, Salt & cook at a rapid simmer until Potatoes are just cooked through & vegetable is crisp-tender. Drain the water and keep it aside.
- Open the pack of Vegetable broth concentrate and dilute with 8 oz of warm water, keep it aside.
- Shake open the can of Coconut Milk, keep it aside.
Cook the Main
- Heat a pan on medium low and add the Cumin Infused Vegetable Oil.
- Add the fresh Ginger Garlic Paste and saute for a minute until golden.
- In a pan, heat the oil, add Curry Leaves.
- Saute the Mixed Vegetables, Cut Potatoes, and the Korma Spice.
- Add Curry Sauce, Cut Tomato, cover the pan and bring to a boil.
- Add Coconut Milk, Cilantro and simmer stirring constantly for 3 to 5 minutes, until fragrant.
(Optional) - mix the Soup Broth concentrate with 2 cups hot water for thinning & enhancing the korma gravy.
(Optional) - Season with Hot Kashmiri Chili to increase the spice level.
Warm the Bread
- Pre heat your oven at 350.
- Place the Naan on a baking sheet or directly on the oven rack and heat it for 1-3 minutes.
Make your Side
- Chop the Tomato, Cucumber, Coriander leaves.
- Add Lemon Juice, Salt, and Black Pepper Powder.
- Mix all the ingredients well and serve chilled.
Plate your dish
- Divide the finished Basmati Rice, Vegetable Korma and Cucumber Salad between 2 dishes. Serve each with the warm Naan. Enjoy!
Wash uncut produce before use
Scaling the recipe - Adjusting the ingredient quantities for a different amount of servings. Our recipes are pre portioned for two. Whether you are cooking for one, two or four, adjusting the ingredients quantities is simply halving or doubling the ingredients.