1) Cook the Basmati Rice
- Rinse the Basmati Rice thoroughly with water & leave it soaked in water.
- In a small pot add 2 cups of water (2-1 water: rice ratio) to boil on high.
- Strain the Basmati soaked rice and add it to the boiling water carefully
- Add salt to taste and a splash of oil to prevent water from boiling over.
- Cook 8 minutes, or until the water has been absorbed
- Cover and turn off the heat.
- Take the lid off fluff with a fork
2) Cook the Main
- In a large frying pan, heat the oil until very hot, then add chopped & ginger garlic and cook until golden, this should take only a few seconds. Don’t let it go very dark or it will spoil the taste.
- Spoon in the curry paste and stir it around for a few seconds to begin to cook the spices and release all the flavors.
- Sauté the onion and peppers for 2 minutes
- Add the vegetable ad saute for 2 minutes
- OPTIONAL Add green chili paste for extra spice
- Next, pour in the coconut milk and let it come to a bubble. Add the cubed tofu.
- Stir in the veg stock and sugar. Turn the heat down to a simmer and cook, covered, for about 8 minutes until the vegetable is cooked.
3) Plate your dish
- Then add lime leaves (or lime zest) but only leave them briefly on the heat or they will quickly lose their brightness.
- Divide the jasmine rice and Thai Vegetable Green Curry between 2 plates. Enjoy!
Wash uncut produce before use
Scaling the recipe
Whether you are cooking for one, two, three or four the procedure for adjusting the ingredient quantities for a different number of portions is the same.