Cook the Basmati Rice
- Rinse the Basmati Rice thoroughly with water & leave it soaked for
- Boil 2 cups of water on high. Use standard water to rice ratio
(2: 1 water: rice)
- Strain the soaked Basmati Rice and add it to the boiling water carefully.
- Add Salt to taste and a splash of oil.
- Cook 7- 8 minutes or until the water has been absorbed.
- Cover and turn off the heat. Fluff the rice with a fork before serving.
Prep the Main
- Open the can, drain and wash Chickpeas.
- Wash and cut Tomato in half, setting half aside for side dish and cutting the other half in quarters.
Cook the Main
- Heat a pan on medium-low and add the Cumin Infused Vegetable Oil.
- Add the fresh Ginger Garlic Paste and saute for a minute until golden.
- Add the Chickpeas, saute for a minute.
- Add Masala sauce and Garam Masala.
(OPTIONAL) - Season with Hot Kashmiri Chili to increase the spice level.
- Add Spinach Puree, mix well and simmer for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add one teaspoon of Yogurt and Fenugreek.
(OPTIONAL) - Heavy Cream, Mix well and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with Tomato quarter and Fried Onion.
Warm the Bread
- Preheat your oven at 350.
- Place the Naan on a baking sheet or directly on the oven rack and heat it for 1-3 minutes.
Make your side
- In a medium bowl, combine the diced Tomato and Cucumber with the Sour Cream and Yogurt.
- Season with Salt and Pepper to taste.
Plate your Dish
- Divide the Basmati Rice, Chana Saag and Cucumber Raita between 2 plates. Serve each with the warm Naan. Enjoy!
Wash uncut produce before use
Scaling the recipe - Adjusting the ingredient quantities for a different amount of servings. Our recipes are pre portioned for two. Whether you are cooking for one, two or four, adjusting the ingredients quantities is simply halving or doubling the ingredients.