Cook the Basmati Rice
- Rinse the Basmati Rice thoroughly with water & leave it soaked for
- Boil 2 cups of water on high. Use standard water to rice ratio
(2: 1 water: rice)
- Strain the soaked Basmati Rice and add it to the boiling water carefully.
- Add salt to taste and a splash of oil.
- Cook 7- 8 minutes or until the water has been absorbed.
- Cover and turn off the heat. Fluff the rice with a fork before serving.
Prep the Main
- Open the can, drain and wash Chickpeas, chop Cilantro.
- Wash and cut Tomato in half, setting half aside for side dish and cutting the other half in quarters.
- Open the pack of Vegetable Broth concentrate and dilute with 8 oz of warm water, keep it aside.
Cook the Main
- Heat a pan on medium-low and add the Cumin Infused Vegetable Oil.
- Add the fresh Ginger Garlic Paste and saute for a minute until golden.
- Now add the Chickpeas and the pack of Chana Masala Spice, mix and simmer for a minute.
- Add Masala Sauce, mix well and cook for a minute.
- Add the Vegetable Broth and the Tomato and cook for 3 - 4 minutes. (OPTIONAL) - Season with Hot Kashmiri Chili to increase the spice level.
- For a thicker sauce simmer for additional 2-3 minutes over medium-low by mixing and stirring it continuously until the sauce thickens.
- Garnish with Cilantro and serve.
Warm the Bread
- Preheat your oven at 350.
- Place the Naan on a baking sheet or directly on the oven rack and heat it for 1-3 minutes.
Make your Side
- Mix the chopped Tomato, Cucumber, Cilantro.
- Cut and squeeze Lemon, add Salt and Black Pepper.
- Mix all the ingredients well and serve chilled.
Plate your dish
- Divide the Basmati Rice, Chana Masala and Cucumber Salad between 2 plates. Serve each with the warm Naan. Enjoy!
Wash uncut produce before use
Scaling the recipe - Adjusting the ingredient quantities for a different amount of servings. Our recipes are pre-portioned for two. Whether you are cooking for one, two or four, adjusting the quantities of the ingredients is simply halving or doubling the ingredients.